Saturday, May 5, 2012

Upcycling....Repurposing.....And Beautiful Things!!!

I am SO EXCITED anytime I can reuse something and make it better. I made this banner for Isabella's teacher Mrs. Kleszcz. I have to say Isabella LOVES her teacher and I do too!!! It is so nice when your kids are happy at school!!! Anyhoo.....I made this banner for her out of old clothes that I just could not donate, because I knew I could make something pretty. I think the hardest part of making this banner was putting together the ribbons and materials, but I loved doing it, and it is my first attempt at making a banner. FUN COLORS:)







A few weekends ago we ordered pizza and instead of throwing the box away I told my hubby I was going to make something with the box. So........here is what I made. Pink roses with stone centers. I dyed coffee filters pink with food dye, then dried them in the oven. After that cut out a circle from the pizza box added the coffee filters with a hot glue gun and then added a gem in the center. I hung them over Isabella's bed and she loves them......that makes me SO HAPPY!!!


 This is a flower pom pom I made for Isabella's room also. I had so much fun making this with Isabella!! It is SUPER EASY to make, and if Isabella can make one with a broken arm at 9 years old then anyone can!!! We made two of them for her room, but we are still trying to figure out where we are going to hang it. 
The blue one is for Kristin's room. She is now 14 years old, and she loves them too. Her room is chocolate and blue, so I think it will be perfect hanging above her bed!!


This is another coffee filter flower I made for Kristin's room.  


 I also used coffee filters that I stained with coffee on a pillow, and a rose pillow made from an old brown dress. The floral heart pillow my hubby made for me.......he is so SWEET and WONDERFUL!!!


 I made this coffee filter wreath, yes...... I used a pizza box, coffee filters stained with coffee and some pearls from a broken necklace that was my daughters. All repurposed!!! :)


 This is a present I wrapped in a brown paper grocery bag ( I reuse the paper bags for LOTS of things), and coffee filter roses......I will never buy another bow again!!!

I have done a little something for the environment, and had so much FUN doing it....whoot whoot!!!
Happy Day!!!~Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment